Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Supreme Exemplar

Christ is our supreme example. To this you may say, Duh! But really He is! Often when I have thought of Christ as our example I have thought of his unending service and kindness. His bold way of teaching and his abiding love for children. This is what I've always wanted to emulate in my life. It seems easy to focus on those things when life is going swell.

Lately though I have been surrounded by loss. On one particular day as my companion and I were discussing why do things seem to happen in waves, ie everyone has babies at the same time, every one gets married at the same time or everyone may experience loss at the same time. It was impressed upon my mind that Christ is our example in how to deal with loss. Christ is the ultimate example of how to deal with pain. He knows how to handle trials. He knows what it means to suffer. As we look to his example we can see in what way we can go through our life and live to be like him.

 
As he invites us to "Come unto Him" we can do so by following his example. How has Christ been an example to you in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment